Friday, November 13, 2009

Treats for Troops

What treat would be better for a soldier that is serving in the blistering heat of the desert, than an ICEE? Supporting the troops is important as they are out there giving all for us, and this story is a great example of an organization doing just that.

One thing that I liked about this story is the subject matter. I feel that supporting the troops during this war is something that cannot be covered enough.

The way that the information was presented both warmed the heart and provided facts about the organization conducting these services. It also provided locations of where we can make our own donations.

However, the information about where to donate was kind of buried in the middle of the story. By the time that I was done reading it, I wasn't able to recall for sure that I knew where to make a donation. I feel that that information would be better served at the end of the story.

I very much liked the lead of this story. It started off with the quote, "'Supporting the troops is more than slapping a sticker on the back of your car.'" I felt that this quote was a strong lead, proclaiming what the rest of the story was going to be about. It is actually the reason that I chose this story.

My take on the story is that this organization is a strong running organization with a lot of experience in the field of supporting troops. Other than adding some contact information at the end of the story to remind the reader to get out and help as well, it was well written and looks good in the paper.

No comments: